Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Color spectrum lines on screen  (Read 3173 times)

02bin3

Color spectrum lines on screen
« on: June 07, 2011, 06:43:20 AM »
When I play a movie on my Acer laptop after a while (5-20 minutes) thin colored lines will start to appear on the left side of the screen.  Approximately 12 lines within an inch of space.  If I move the screen back and forth the lines will disappear and then reappear, but will never completely disappear when I release the edge of the screen.  This computer has never been dropped since I have owned it.  Any thoughts out there as to what may be causing this problem?  Thanks

truenorth

Guru

Re: Color spectrum lines on screen
    « Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:51:38 AM »
    Plug the laptop into an external  tv (or external monitor) via whatever cable options the computer and the tv/monitor have available and view the resultant display. See if it alters the situation. If it does  then it is pointing to possibly the display monitor of the laptop. Does this happen with all streaming video--IE You tube presentations? If it does not then it may be pointing to your video card/chip. Is this a new phenomenon?truenorth

02bin3

Re: Color spectrum lines on screen
    « Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:21:49 PM »
    Thank you.  I will try your suggestions when I can get some adapters that will allow me to hook up my laptop to another monitor.  It has not always done this.