Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Opera 11.10 Gets Better Turbo and Speed Dial  (Read 4053 times)

soybean

Topic Starter

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Opera 11.10 Gets Better Turbo and Speed Dial
« on: April 14, 2011, 08:13:57 PM »
Opera 11.10 Gets Better Turbo and Speed Dial.  I found the video at the lower part of the article entertaining.

I just installed this update to Opera, so really haven't given it much of a test drive.  But, my immediate impression: it's fast.  I also like the changes to the Speed Dial page.

A brief summary of changes: http://www.opera.com/portal/upgrade/

immental1200

Re: Opera 11.10 Gets Better Turbo and Speed Dial
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:28:36 PM »
Opera Turbo is brilliant, I'm using it at the moment because Ive been transferred to 1mb/s connection and the Turbo really does work. One downside though - It does this through compression of the images and content on the site, it also runs them through its servers. This can mean you get logged out of certain sites like facebook, gmail, etc. I run with it turned off whenever I use facebook. One nice feature would be so you could have it enabled on some pages, and not some others. Because at the moment its either on for everything or off for everything. I have also noticed that the auto mode isn't very quick to pick up when it needs to be turned on.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 06:32:09 PM »
    I am using the latest Opera version and i particularly like the improvements to the speed dial. If I'm not mistaken the speed dial  entry selections are now unlimited. However the more you have the smaller they become--so eventually a magnifying glass may become necessary to view them. By the way soybean i notice your reference to version "11.10" the latest is actually 11.11 truenorth

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 07:51:57 PM »
    In other words...it's not actually faster...
    Same as Chrome getting caught with their pants down because every new page opened started a new
     running process

I love the Browser wars however..
    Better products are the end result.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "