Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP comp is beeping  (Read 2648 times)

desma

HELP comp is beeping
« on: June 07, 2011, 05:08:56 AM »
o.k so i have had comp for a couple of years & the majority it has been fine.it has not however made beeping before & i haave no idea what it is or what to do,HELP please!!!! it was fine then monitor went black & computer started beeping now ever time i turn it on it beeps & monitor wont work because comp is having a hissy fit so i cant see whats wrong either. i am basic on computer so please simple wording if can!!!! tyvm :-) ???

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
Re: HELP comp is beeping
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:13:46 AM »

What make and model is your computer??

How many beeps does it make ?? eg, one long two short
11 cheers for binary !

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:41:15 AM »
Go to the website of your bios provider and check the beep codes. From your brief description, my guess would be a problem with the video card.

ortymd

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »
    To solve the problem fast provide information about your PC's motherboard. Then, according to Allan's advice, you'll be able to find the beep codes and consequently identify the problem.

P.S. If beeps are short and frequent you could have a problem with your processor (overheating). However, I agree that possible problem could be with the graphics card, so if you're able to try another one do it. If it works, smth is wrong with your graphics card.