Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer is crashing and cannot reboot  (Read 2427 times)

roco

Topic Starter

Rookie

Computer is crashing and cannot reboot
    « on: June 04, 2011, 09:09:45 PM »
    Hello guys,I'm back. My issue now is that when I came to my computer today it seemed to be on with the green power light and the red light usually pops on when there is activity,but the system seems to be off with the green power light still on and screen is black. So I tried to reboot and all seemed fine at first then it went out again. Each time I restarted the computer it got worse to the point of it crashing right after th welcome screen. And if I wait for an hour it might go to the desktop for a minute before crashing again. I tried a system restore and still the same and I cannot get into safemode to run the anti spyware scan. Can you please give me some advice as to how to get around this issue,like when I waited an hour I tried to be fast and run the antispy but they said it was corrupt. I am currently on my iphone because my laptop is down too. My pc is win xp. Please help. Thanks!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer is crashing and cannot reboot
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 04:18:58 AM »
    What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

roco

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »
      Thanks for replying. No new hardware but I did download a java update and then this happened. I was getting an error message jche or something like that. The reason I posted this in the virus thread is because I had similar issue before and when I ran my anti virus scan I still had the malware but the system would not crash.Then superdave helped me get rid of the malware so I thought this was the same issue. I have now waited a few hours before trying to reboot so I am going to try to run a registry scan malware bytes scan and a antispym scan.I hope it doesn't crash this time. But I will leave update. Thanks

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »
      Boot to safe mode and uninstall ALL instances of Java...
      Re-boot.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

roco

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
        I just tried safe mode and it crashed again : ???

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 03:00:02 PM »
        Then it's not Java thats causing the issues...
        Provide more details and we;ll go from there...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

roco

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 04:26:11 PM »
          Ok I was finally able to get onto control Panel then removed the only thing java there that I know about and system still crashed. Super antispy did detect se malware but the system crashed before I was able to detete it. Now attempting to re run a quick scan and hopefully it will Complete this time. This crashing started just yesterday,but I was getting a jched warning for a few weeks now. Also,when I am able to get my system to the desktop before it crashes there is a new hardware icon that comes up and this is something I never seen before. Should I go ahead and install it?

sarmachar

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »
          Kindly Reinstall Your Operating System..

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
          Ignore the above post