Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nero 10 problem  (Read 2415 times)

Mr puzzled

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Nero 10 problem
    « on: June 08, 2011, 04:10:46 AM »
    Hello, I got told by norton to restart after an update and when I did I got the following in a dos screen
    NTLDR missing and ofcourse the machine wouldn't boot.I reinstalled windows from my original xp disk supplied when I bought my computer in arround 2002.This disk gave me xp servicepack 1 so I had to download sp2 and 3 from the internet which was a long process.I bought Nero 10 and installed it but when the screensaver kicked in the computer rebooted.I did a restore which let me turn off the screen saver but when I tried to start one of the Nero modules the computer rebooted again.I found a function Restart on failure was ticked so I unticked it and now at least when I start a module I get a Blue Screen of Death.Has anyone experienced similar problems with Nero 10.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Nero 10 problem
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:27:52 PM »
    Check the system requirements for Nero 10. This might be the cause of your issue.
    http://www.nero.com/enu/nero10-system-requirements.html

Mr puzzled

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:51:23 AM »
      Thanks Jason I have checked requirements and they are ok.However I have since discovered that the BBC iPlayer also causes a BSOD when I try to play a tv program,playing a radio program works ok.I am wondering if there is a conflict with the BIOS which is the original as was in the machine from new.Everything worked ok when I was running XP SP2 but now I am on SP3 and Nero 10 requires SP3.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:31:00 AM »
      I would rather think a software conflict than any BIOS what you mean :) . No such thing in this case.
      See a general troubleshooting here posted by one of the moderators.
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=20371.0
      Just leave the registry part.

Mr puzzled

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 04:11:58 AM »
         Thanks all, looks like I have got my problem sorted. I rolled back the video driver and now I can use all Nero 10 modules and the BBC i Player video.Good to know about this forum as no doubt I will need help in the future.

Mr Puzzled