Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Not responding  (Read 2111 times)

brenie12

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer Not responding
    « on: June 08, 2011, 09:31:49 AM »
    I have a HP computer it is only about 1 year old and I run Windows 7 Home Edition on it . The problem started about a month ago. I always leave my computer on and the screen. If the computer sits for an hour or so un-touched you can't open anything up. I have clicked on everything even trying to restart it from the start button does not work I have to physically cut the computer off and turn it back on. I should mention I downloaded the windows explorer 9... Please help this is getting very annoying.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Computer Not responding
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »
    So it means you could still move the mouse and arrow around but nothing responds? Have you tried going to safemode?

brenie12

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 10:22:42 AM »
      Yes I can move the mouse around click on things but absolutely nothing will open and like I said this just started about a month ago. Yes I have and still does same thing in safe mode. Thanks

Any other ideas?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:00:08 AM »
      What type/model of HP computer do you have and is it still under warranty?
      1. Check for any power saving mode sets and disable them such as your HD, sleep mode.
      2. Download and install a software to monitor your hardware components temps. and post them. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
      3. Download and install a free antispyware and malware for any possible infections.
      http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE
      http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
      Update before running a full scan.
      4. Remove any installed softwares or programs that you think that have started this freezing problem.
      5. You could also try swap testing your RAM modules on different slots by using one and check the difference.
      6. Clean your PC from clogging, dust and dirt internally and reseat all components and connections.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 05:42:36 AM »
      Just for the heck of it, try a different mouse. Let's rule out the obvious first.