Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound doesn't work HELP!!  (Read 2754 times)

byizzle16

Sound doesn't work HELP!!
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:14:21 AM »
Hey guys just having audio problems, i recently restored my computer due to really bad viruses and ever since then I can't get any sound. When i open up volume control it tells me there are no active mixer devices available. I downloaded and installed realtek audio 97 but still nothing. The computer says realtek is working properly but still nothing. I've tried troubleshooting the problem and im stuck on one of the points. in the "system and audio devices properties" after clicking on the audio tab it won't let me adjust anything. So under "sound device" and under "sound recording" it says no device and wont let me do anything i can't click on any of the options. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as i am fed up with no sound! thanks guys hope to hear back from someone

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Sound doesn't work HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
When you say you "restored" do you mean you formatted and reinstalled the OS? If so, did you install the chipset driver?