Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: antivirus software and money problems  (Read 3757 times)

mercy

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    antivirus software and money problems
    « on: June 13, 2011, 06:58:47 AM »
    I have a macbook pro and have downloaded a free version of mackeeper. (I know. You get what you pay for usually. I'm really poor. I will be buying antivirus software as soon as I can afford it.)
    This is probably a stupid question, but I don't know much about computers beyond the basics.
    When a free antivirus program (in this case, mackeeper) says the system is critical, does that mean my computer is in danger of crashing any minute and I should buy the better version even though I can't really afford to at the moment? Or is it an exaggeration to encourage me to buy the better version?

mercy

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: antivirus software and money problems
      « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »
      Nevermind. I figured that out by myself. :)

whitebeard250

Re: antivirus software and money problems
      « Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 10:08:08 PM »
      It is just an exaggeration that wants you to buy the better vision. You computer won't get crashed that easily. Many Mac do not have a antivirus software, and they didn't get all crashed. My mackeeper says critical as well, I uninstalled mackeeper but my Mac did not get crashed. Mac is built on the one of the safest system available, the chance for a Mac getting crashed because of virus or bug is almost zero. Don't worry to much about it.

If your computer is getting crashed, call me! <email removed>  :)
      « Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:37:36 PM by evilfantasy »