Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Getting out of Safe mode when not able to get online because of Safe Mode?  (Read 5981 times)

Davy333

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Okay. Hope someone can help. I keep getting reponses at other places that arent understanding what Im saying. Basically, if I ever tried to start my computer in Safe Mode... I would get the blue screen - 0x0000007b coxf8b0e524, oxc0000034 ox00000000x2 ox00000000x2. This is everytime I would try to start in Safe mode... So I would go back to last known config that worked etc and could always get back on... So once ON, I went to msconfig and clicked the box that says always boot in Safe Mode... Since then... I havent been able to get back on AT ALL... It always goes to the blue screen because I clicked the option when able to get on in normal mode to always start in safe mode. Is there anyway that I can ovveride this option in the startup, setup boot menu f8 f2 etc keys? Again I cannot get access to my computer because I clicked this option when I was able to start in normal mode... But again I clicked the box to always start in safe mode, now I cannot get on at all because I clicked this *censored* option. I hope Im clear, because if someone else says press f8 and start in last known config Ima screeeaammm...it dont work. I want to get out of safe mode, somehow, but how can I if I cannot get on my pc to change the option to always boot in safe mode?

Only thing I can access is the setup f2 f8 etc options.. but I have no idea how to navigate that.
    HELLPPP???

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

Davy333

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Thanks But Im trying to get on, so I can save my songs... I have too many to lose... I cannot access any start menu I cannot get on.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      If you do the repair installation correctly, all programs, files and settings will remain intact.

Davy333

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Make sure that your computer isn't in Safe Mode by restarting the computer in Normal Mode. Safe Mode can block Windows Installer. Right? My computer wont get out of safe mode...

Allan

• Mastermind
        Change the boot order in bios so your cd drive is the first device, then boot to the XP CD and follow the instructions in the link above.

Davy333

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

How do I change the order in Bios? This is new for me?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
          Make sure that your computer isn't in Safe Mode by restarting the computer in Normal Mode. Safe Mode can block Windows Installer. Right? My computer wont get out of safe mode...
          The Repair Install procedure is the only way I know of to fix this.  Read the instructions very carefully!
          BIOS is in Step 1 of the instructions, so I assume you have not read it?

Allan

• Mastermind
          When your system first boots watch the screen for a message that says something like: Press ???? for bios (or setup). Press whatever key is mentioned. Once in bios, find the boot order. Change it so the cd drive is the first device. DO NOT make any other changes in bios. Click on SAVE CHANGES & EXIT

Davy333

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Hey thanks guys soo much. Im running into another problem....

So I changed the boot menu etc... I can get the windows setup going finally.... But after it's setting up windows... and I have the 3 options of either pressing ENTER or R for Repair or f3 to leave.... I press ENTER and nothing happens... It's as soon as these 3 options appear its like my keyboard dies... The light is still on on the keyboard... The keyboard works up until the windows setup with those above 3 options appear that no key will work?? Has this happened to anyone? My keyboard worked fine to change the boot menu... I have to press enter to boot from the cd, I can press any key and hear a little sound while the setup for windows is loading, but after its done, nothing. Cannot press enter to get to the agreement...

Hellp?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
            I think there's a problem with the CDROM drive; or possibly the hard drive.
            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103
            This would explain the problems in starting in Safe Mode.

Davy333

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

I see... So theres nothing I can do? Without professional help? Im not a computer wiz... I paint by numbers... smile..??

Davy333

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Hey okay... Weird... ENTER finally worked, and I got to the next part , accepted the agreement ....now where Im stuck it says insert CD for Xp. it cant be found-- but its already in there? The cd was kinda old, maybe clean it? It happened right before I left for the net cafe... ?

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                Clean it...don't rub it in a circle...rather do it from the center out...
                " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                I think there's a problem with the CDROM drive; or possibly the hard drive.
                http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103
                This would explain the problems in starting in Safe Mode.