Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to make graphics card cooler  (Read 2628 times)

Wefro_froyas

Topic Starter

Hopeful

How to make graphics card cooler
    « on: June 21, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »
    I have a nvidia 8800gt and on load It gets up to 80 degrees celsius

I was wondering if you could give me instructions on how to speed my fans up to keep my card cooler on load..

Also I am on windows xp 32 bit

truenorth

Guru

Re: How to make graphics card cooler
      « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
      My research on your behalf has found that the manufacturer apparently states the card can run under load to 100 degrees C. However the concensus of users is that temps over 80 should be avoided. There are a number of references with recommendations to use this software for that card to deal with fan speed issues. I am not in a position from personal knowledge nor experience to comment on the desirability of doing this process. Others may come along with further comments re your concerns.
      http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner
      truenorth

Wefro_froyas

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
        My research on your behalf has found that the manufacturer apparently states the card can run under load to 100 degrees C. However the concensus of users is that temps over 80 should be avoided. There are a number of references with recommendations to use this software for that card to deal with fan speed issues. I am not in a position from personal knowledge nor experience to comment on the desirability of doing this process. Others may come along with further comments re your concerns.
        http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner
        truenorth

Thank you I'll probably wait and get some more feedback from any other users.

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
          • Yes
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:29:07 AM »
        For cooling purposes, consider also your chasis fan. Do you have one?