Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Symantec Service framework stopped working an had to close. Help?  (Read 3716 times)

Andy7fold

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    On my toshiba satellite laptop, running windows vista home premium, I went to uninstall the Norten Internet security that came with the computer. I stopped it part way through uninstall, then tried to get rid of the rest of it but my laptop started getting all screwy. I restored to a point a few weeks before, tried to uninstall it, but it said it couldnt find the files. Then thats when this window pops up all the time telling me symantec service framework stopped working, blah blah blah, and now I can't connect to the Internet. I know about the norton removal tool, but I can't download it now because of this. Help? Btw, once this is solved I'm putting AVG 2011 on it.

shortride

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Symantec Service framework stopped working an had to close. Help?
      « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:11:16 PM »
      You may need to do a "SYSTEM RESTORE" to a day prior to when you attempted to remove Norton Internet Security.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:08 AM »
      Use the Norton Removal Tool in uninstalling the software http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN
      Check your device manager for any flags under your network card and try reinstalling its driver. You may need to scan your PC with Mbam and Superantispyware for any threats or infections residing. Please explain further about your internet connection problem.

Andy7fold

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 08:38:37 AM »
        You may need to do a "SYSTEM RESTORE" to a day prior to when you attempted to remove Norton Internet Security.
        I did do the system restore, I kept restoring it to farther and farther back dates, with no success.
        Use the Norton Removal Tool in uninstalling the software http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN
        Check your device manager for any flags under your network card and try reinstalling its driver. You may need to scan your PC with Mbam and Superantispyware for any threats or infections residing. Please explain further about your internet connection problem.
        I used the norton removal tool, it 'removed' all the norton stuff, then everything was magically working again. The internet would 'connect', but it was just like, connected. It wasn't Internet, just a connection..