Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Very odd boot erroe. Help please.  (Read 2380 times)

Capy

Very odd boot erroe. Help please.
« on: August 26, 2005, 01:23:33 AM »
Im hoping someone here can help me with a problem I am having. I have a HP zd280us laptop. I have XP Media Center Editing running on it. I have had it for 1 year and 2 days. It has run perfect till now.

What happend is when I got home from vacation and went to use my computer it wouldnt get past the HP logo screen. It wont even make it too the Windows logo screen.

I tried to enter the BIOS but for some unknown reason I cannot acces my BIOS. It goes straight to that HP logo.

Now what happens when it is at the HP logo is that it sits idle on that screen for roughly 30 seconds then my computer boots all by itself and goes straight to the same screen. This process repeats over and over again.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause me to not be able to access my BIOS? I have never herd of a problem like this.

What I assume might be a couple possable problems

Motherboard
CPU

I have tested the memory by trying each chip on its own as well as without memory installed. The process continues. I have also drained the computer of all power as instructed by an HP tech. I have taken the HD out.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

merlin_2

Re: Very odd boot erroe. Help please.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 02:38:21 PM »
try the bios setup again>F1, F2  key.........does the laptop beep on boot!have you added any new hardware to the system?is the dvd/cdrom locked in place?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 02:39:53 PM by merlin_2 »

robfez

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 03:07:12 PM »
I'm having the same issue (and my kids haven't fessed up to anything "bad" happening).  HP laptop (not even a year old), WXP, no new hardware.  I will try what you suggest and reeval the beep codes and let y'all know.  Thanks Merlin for at least giving a newbie some hope.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 03:10:31 PM by robfez »

Capy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 10:55:27 AM »
No beep codes at all. I checked the DVD Drive everything is fine there. Still can access BIOS. Thanks.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 11:09:18 AM »
hold down the f8 key on boot ..chose the last good config from the list........and also it may pay to have the hard drive checked out>>http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=3;action=display;num=1122425778