Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Building new computer - Beeping Error  (Read 2886 times)

jmorr212

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Building new computer - Beeping Error
    « on: June 25, 2011, 01:45:34 AM »
    Ok so i just built a new computer, here are the specs:
    Code: [Select]
    Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard Black
    Samsung 22X DVDRW Black SATA
    Razer DeathAdder V2 Infrared High Precision Gaming Mouse 3500DPI
    Mach Xtreme 8GB (2x4G) Copper DDR3 1333Mhz CL9
    CoolerMaster 650W GX 80+
    Asus M4A89GTD-Pro USB3 AM3 890GX 4DDR3 2PCIE RAID VGA GLAN 2FW ATX HD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz) - AM3, 9MB Cache,125W BD
    CoolerMaster NV-692A-KWN2 CM 690 II Advanced NVIDIA edition
    XFX HD6850 1G DVI DL HDMI PCIE Dual Fan
    Western Digital 1TB SATA3 64M IntelliPowe CaviarGreen WD10EARX

It seemed fine, the fans/LED's/everything works. But on bootup, the 'DRAM' light is constantly 'red' and constantly beeps in the order 'long beep, short beep, short beep'. There is also no signal and the screen is blank. I reseated the 2 sticks of RAM, it didnt work. So i decided to try just 1 Stick, that didnt work, so i swapped the sticks, still nothing. I then tried having no RAM on the motherboard, no luck. I then pulled the GFX card out then tested, still doing the same beep. I reseated the CPU/Fan, still doing the same beep. I am lost as to what i should try next, i am about to plug my RAM into the friends PC to see if that's the problem, even though i'm sure it isnt. I think i need to test some working RAM in my motherboard to address the problem but do not have any atm.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Building new computer - Beeping Error
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 09:07:36 PM »
    Dram...  a quick google search turns up that the M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 is very picky about ram modules... Have you pressed the MemOK button on your motherboard? Saves hassle of taking the ram out and putting it into another pc. Might want to check this link:http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherboards/919444-m4a89gtd-pro-doesnt-like-my-memory.html
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

zeealice

Rookie
    • Girls can be geeks too
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Building new computer - Beeping Error
    « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 06:15:40 AM »
    i always foun 1 long beep and 2 sort beeps to be a video card error. perhaps the card has't got the 6 pin PCI express power lead plugged in?