Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multible files of the same song in Windows Media Player  (Read 4610 times)

shortride

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Multible files of the same song in Windows Media Player
    « on: June 28, 2011, 06:49:11 AM »
    Can someone tell me why I'm seeing multiple files of the same songs in the Window 7 Media Player list? I've checked the Windows Explorer and there are no multiple files of the same songs. I'm also currently using Zune and Frostwire.

It appears that every time I plug in a Flash drive with music on it into a USB port and choose to play with WMP I can see the song titles generate multiple files in the WMP view.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

shortride

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Multible files of the same song in Windows Media Player
      « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »
      Thanks for the information but I know how to delete them I was just wondering what causes that to happen.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert

shortride

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Multible files of the same song in Windows Media Player
        « Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »
        More:
        http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-sound/my-media-player-keeps-making-copies-of-all-the/ac613525-bdf8-462c-ac99-0070f0448e9a
        OR
        http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-sound/duplicate-entries-appear-when-media-files-are/5dfd07d3-9099-4119-bbeb-40e8f8a6608a
        You can search the Microsoft site nor more posts about the Duplication of Songs. But the never admit it is a bug. It is a feature.

That's very good information. I tried it and it corrected the issue with WMP. Thank you very much.