Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Laptop now typing backwards  (Read 4943 times)

Tardawg

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    HP Laptop now typing backwards
    « on: June 28, 2011, 09:43:14 AM »
    There is an old thread out there dating back to 2007, and the responses on Page 4 said to start a new thread rather than beat a dead horse, so here goes.  My wife’s HP laptop was working fine yesterday, no issues at all.  My wife was using outlook to send some work emails when suddenly anything she types is backwards.  The curser moves to the left of any character that is typed.  It is doing this with web browsers and when it is not hooked to the internet ( The Wife uses IE).  If we reboot it works for a little bit and suddenly it goes back to the issue at hand. 

The left arrow is not stuck.  I have tried using a new external mouse (as suggested in 2007) no help.  The problem even occurs when there is no mouse attached.  Are there any suggestions on the software to help detect and fix the problem, or should I take it to an expert.  Any help is appreciated.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: HP Laptop now typing backwards
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:47:40 AM »
    You're sure she's not typing in Hebrew?

Just joking :)

Let's check for malware:
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

Tardawg

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: HP Laptop now typing backwards
      « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 09:54:26 AM »
      Wow!  Thanks for the immediate reply Allan, let me get the laptop in front of me and then I will get started.  Might be tomorrow since I am currently at work.  Again thanks for your immediate help! :)