Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video Problem  (Read 2032 times)

Topher1486

Video Problem
« on: August 25, 2005, 11:08:51 PM »
I recently tried to instal more ram on my computer. I turned it off and unplugged it and everything your supposed to do and now when I boot it up the computer makes 3 long beeps and the monitor will not work, it just says "Your monitor is working correctly please check cable connections" I tried another monitor on my computer and it says the same thing so the monitor still works. So then I contacted gateway and they said that my video card must have broke somehow so I bought a new one, but it still happens even when I take the new ram out. I have no idea what is wrong and gateway is being of no help to me. I hope someone here can help me, thanks in advance.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
    Re: Video Problem
    « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 12:38:35 AM »
    There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:48:21 AM »
      Topher1486......Well given that the issue began when you attempted to upgrade your ram ....I would suggest thats the problem ......That's what that beep code indicates unless you have a IBM Bios ......  how much ram did you have installed , what type and was the new ram an exact match for the existing ....... and could you have disturbed something else in the case when you added the ram or did you handle the ram contacts or chips with your fingers ?

Have you tried reseating the Ram ?

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 12:49:03 AM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 04:58:05 AM »
      Properly seat your videocard or test it in another slot.