Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Skype headphone problem....  (Read 3127 times)

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • Starcraft and C programming
    • Experience: Experienced
    Skype headphone problem....
    « on: July 06, 2011, 08:42:11 AM »
    Hi, i'm having an unbelievable annoying experience with my headphones at the moment... and NO this is not a hardware issue cause everything was fine till i installed skype..
    My stats at the current time are: windows 7 64bit, hp laptop, and some gaming headphone with mic.
    Ok so what i have are two sound options and that is the laptop speakers and the Independent speakers. For some reason even when skype is no longer running and i have the headphones plugged in the sound is played through the laptop speakers... All sound... I cant find any solutions to this problem so i decided to post this up to see if any body could shed some light onto my situation....

thanks for help and just ask for any additional information.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Skype headphone problem....
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 10:09:27 PM »
    Sorry, this is not a definitive solution. Just something you can try.

Create another user on your computer, with same privileged level.  But do not install or use Skype on that user. Reboot your PC and log into the new user. Try your favorite game. You may have to import some settings from the original user, or just start with new settings for the game just to see what happens.

Now then, use then fast user switch thing to just go over to you normal user. Bring up Skype, use it, then close. After that, switch back top the new user and start your game again. What happens? You might find the problem is attached to user settings. Skype modified user settings and failed to restore them.

Tell me I mad a bad guess.

Tan_Za

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Starcraft and C programming
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Skype headphone problem....
      « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 10:34:08 PM »
      I dunno.. i tryed something else shortly after i made this post and that seemed to work.. i did:
      i right clicked the volume at the taskbar, then clicked playback devices. right clicked and disabled headphone. All sounds go into through headphones no matter what so long as ur headphone is plugged in for some reason...

thanks anyway