Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: One particular website pages loading slowly or not at all  (Read 3251 times)

shortride

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    One particular website pages loading slowly or not at all
    « on: July 06, 2011, 11:56:24 AM »
    I have for the past 8 to 10 years been a member of a particular website forum. I currently have a fairly new Dell with Window 7, IE8, duel processors and 4GB of RAM. On the website forum I'm speaking of, the pages will load perfectly from 4:00 a.m. to about 9:00 a.m. When the site starts getting busy the pages will not load at all some time and other times will load very slowly.

Most everyone that comment on the site state that it's a browser issue and if I changed to Firefox browser the problem will go away. I don't know much about internet systems but if it were a browser issue then I would have the problem all of the time. It seems more like a bandwidth issue than a browser problem. Other site I frequent do not have the same problem. Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Salmon Trout

Re: One particular website pages loading slowly or not at all
    « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:56:08 PM »
    Why don't you tell us (1) your time zone (2) what the forum is. Then maybe we can have a try. Have you tested with another browser or not? I suggest you do this, even though your reasoning appears to indicate it is not a browser issue.

shortride

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 09:24:21 AM »
      Why don't you tell us (1) your time zone (2) what the forum is. Then maybe we can have a try. Have you tested with another browser or not? I suggest you do this, even though your reasoning appears to indicate it is not a browser issue.

Sure! The site I spend the most time on is www.hdforums.com/forum/index.php
      I am in the Central US time zone.

I would not be at all surprised to find out an ISP may have something to do with these type issues. Is that at all possible? Do Internet Service Providers have band width restraints that could have an affect on things like I'm having issues with?

All things said and done there isn't much I can do about it with any possible outside controlling factors. We have very limited choices with ISP's.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 10:29:36 AM »
      Well, I just tried it from England (Europe) where the time is 17:29 British Summer Time (16:29 UTC) and it seemed OK.

shortride

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
        Well, I just tried it from England (Europe) where the time is 17:29 British Summer Time (16:29 UTC) and it seemed OK.

You are correct. It's working for me as well right now. That's what I can’t figure out. I doubt there is a factor that's any more constant than my OS. Most of the variables are the cables, servers, modems at server to the internet and of course the website and their ISP. So there are lots of variables.

I've actually talked with 2 or 3 different people from other parts of the country almost simultaneously and each one of them can get significantly different results.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »
        From the info given i doubt it's a browser issue...sounds like it's on their end.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "