Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer problems vs Mozilla Firefox working  (Read 4210 times)

edwardmc47

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Internet Explorer problems vs Mozilla Firefox working
    « on: July 08, 2011, 10:12:43 PM »
    The problem I am having is with Yahoo not working with Internet Explorer and trying to connect to some online banking websites and different websites.  I am using Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3, am using Yahoo 7. Now to the problems I am having when I am using Internet Explorer.  I can't go to Yahoo home/information opening page but can go to Yahoo Mail with no problem.  Going to some online bank sites (and a few other miscellaneous websites) they will not let me logo n. I can enter my log on information but it will not accept it. I contacted one of online banks about the problem and was told they could see and understand the difficulties that I was having.  But could not give me any answer to correct the problem.  But they did tell me to go to and install Mozilla Firefox 5.0, which I did while I was on the phone with them. After installing all the problems mentioned seemed to have gone away.  All of my favorites belong to Internet Explorer I do not know if I can copy and paste them to Mozilla Firefox bookmarks without losing something. And Mozilla Firefox seems to run slower. Any help you can give me to resolving my Internet Explorer, Yahoo and connection problems would be greatly appreciated.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Internet Explorer problems vs Mozilla Firefox working
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 10:17:58 PM »
    You mention some website redirection.  I will recommend going HERE, it is our virus and malware support section.  Follow the directions EXACTLY, and post the logs that they ask for.  Make a new post in that section and post your logs there.  Do NOT post the logs in this thread.
    Evil is an exact science.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 10:25:48 PM »
    All of my favorites belong to Internet Explorer

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Importing%20favorites%20and%20other%20data%20from%20Internet%20Explorer To import your favorites

edwardmc47

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
      I have used and run AVG antivirus 2011 & Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but I still have the same problem.  Does anybody have any ideas that might try?

You mention some website redirection.  I will recommend going HERE, it is our virus and malware support section.  Follow the directions EXACTLY, and post the logs that they ask for.  Make a new post in that section and post your logs there.  Do NOT post the logs in this thread.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 01:58:49 AM »
      A malware expert will help you as a link provided by Quantos in his earlier post. After being cleared under the Virus and Spyware section, come back here if you are still facing the issues you have right now.
      Guidelines  http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html Start a thread here