Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluescreen Problem  (Read 3580 times)

Abs1987

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Bluescreen Problem
    « on: July 25, 2011, 09:34:03 PM »
    Im having a problem with bluescreeen, i got a BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER ERROR, 0x000000FE(0x00000008, 0x00000006, 0x00000006, 0x8108E000), system freeze at windows startup screen

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processpr TK-57, 958MB, NVIDIA GeForce 7000m/ nForce 610M

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Bluescreen Problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 01:09:55 AM »
    USB driver error-what USB devices are plugged in?
    nVidia motherboards have a Standard OpenHCD USB controller that they use to manage front panel USB connectors to the motherboard, I want to add.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Abs1987

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 05:20:13 AM »
      Nothin at all actually, used to be web cam, speakers, fan, thats all, and phone but thats a lon time ao

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 05:30:36 AM »
      1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2 Download BlueScreenView:
      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
      unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
      when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
      Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
      Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

Abs1987

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 05:56:30 AM »
        only manycam but i removed that already, and i did the blue screen view, and nothing scanned

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 05:58:18 AM »
        When do you get the error (what are you doing when it occurs and how often does it occur)?

Abs1987

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 06:12:55 AM »
          well if i shut the comp off, or restart it, it freeze at the welcome screen, i restart it, then i o to the repair screen, it finds nothing wrong, i try to restart it, it freezes, i go back to the repair screen, i try to restore, but it cant, it restarts the there is a blue screen, sometimes it works in safe mode, but it also freezes sometimes, and i try a basic start up with ms confi but still freezes

Allan

• Mastermind
          « Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 06:20:26 AM »
          Well, the fact that you can't always boot to safe mode either isn't good. Let's try some basic troubleshooting:

1) To check the ram, download memtest (http://memtest.org/). Burn it to a cd using a dedicated .iso burning utility (http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm), make sure the cd drive is at the top of the boot order in bios, then boot to the newly created cd and run the utility.

2) To run checkdisk, right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r  (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

3) Download and run aswmbr.exe (http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.htm). When it asks if you want to install Avast just say no.

2 & 3 assume you can get into safe mode, which you say you can