Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Two MS Excel Queries.  (Read 2192 times)

chrisyorkshire

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Two MS Excel Queries.
    « on: July 19, 2011, 06:06:19 AM »
    Can anyone tell me how to achieve the following, please?  May be fairly basic queries, but Excel Help doesn't help!

1) I have created a particular layout on a work sheet, with different text formats, cell sizes etc.
    I wish to re-create that same table, exact layout same, several times, further down the same work sheet.  How?  Cut'n'paste does not work.

2) I have created a chart of hours 00:01 to 24:00, with 24 seperate timed columns.  I wnat to stop people
    entering any data between say 03:00 and 05:00) - two columns wide.  I want them to be able to enter data
    before 03:00 and after 05:00.  How?

Thanks for any help.

Chris Yorkshire.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Two MS Excel Queries.
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:05:28 AM »
    Cut'n'paste does not work.
    Why doesn't that work?  Are you pasting directly below, i.e. in the same columns? 

I wnat to stop people
    entering any data between say 03:00 and 05:00) - two columns wide.  I want them to be able to enter data
    before 03:00 and after 05:00.  How?
    I believe the solution to that is to put the spreadsheet under "protection" and then un-protect the input areas.

chrisyorkshire

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Two MS Excel Queries.
      « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 03:09:03 AM »
      Hello Soybean,

I was trying cut'n'paste just grabbing the actual cells I wanted to copy.  I have now found you need to grab the "marker cell" (i.e the cell row ref number) to copy the cell formatting.

On the protection, after your help I eventually found the correct Excel Help (called "Lock Only A Few Cells On A Work Sheet" which tells me exactlt how to do what I wanted.

Thanks for your help.  This is a fantastic resource.

ChrisYorkshire