Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IP for ex-pats  (Read 3005 times)

Arena

Topic Starter

Rookie

IP for ex-pats
    « on: July 08, 2011, 04:27:58 AM »
    I came across something called 'anchor shield' . A free access to i pod progs from the UK for ex-pats.
    Is it safe?

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: IP for ex-pats
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 07:28:30 AM »
    Anchorfree HotspotShield? I have tried it, but the last time it worked in China was the beginning of last year.

As for safety, I'd say no if you are going to be using it for personal data-you're piggybacking on someone else's network.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 04:04:11 AM »
    Also it almost certainly violates the UK provider's terms of service. For example if the BBC makes its downloads available to UK IP addresses only, why should I, a BBC TV licence payer, subsidise foreign based freeloaders? Also why do (mostly British) people put a hyphen in the word expat (short for expatriate?)

Vidya123

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 03:17:42 AM »
    Expat Shield is offered as a free download at the official website. The program is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Actually, the program is not downloaded directly from the website. A download manager is downloaded first, that then downloads the application to the local computer system. The application includes a custom toolbar that does not need to be installed, so make sure you disable it if you do not want it to be installed.
    Promote your hair growth with
    argan oil

Arena

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 05:36:04 AM »
      Thanks for these.

I shall download it ;)