Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Windows XP Outlook 2003 and Norton 360  (Read 3516 times)

mel777

Topic Starter

Starter

Microsoft Windows XP Outlook 2003 and Norton 360
    « on: July 31, 2011, 07:14:55 PM »
    My emails are downloaded into Outlook and Norton 360 AntiVirus is on the tookbar which allows me to train Norton what are spam messages.  The icons for Norton have disappeared and I am unable to locate anything to do with Norton in Outlook.  In working with a Norton representative, he ran an SFC scan and I keep getting error messages during this scan which advised to put "Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD in to repair.  When I do, it tells me this is not the correct CD.  I keep my computer automatically updated and have had the service pack 3 on my computer since it became available.  However I was told to download the service pack 3 ISO - 9660 - CD image file which I did, put it on the CD and have tried to use it to correct this problem.  I am not comfortable or knowledgeable enough to be able to try other things or check to see if this is just a simple setting that was mistakenly changed in Outlook.  Has anyone had this issue or have any suggestions for me?http://www.computerhope.com/forum/Smileys/classic/cry.gif

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Microsoft Windows XP Outlook 2003 and Norton 360
    « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 09:07:16 PM »
    Sorry to hear about your SP3 trouble.  I do not know have to solve this problem in a an easy way. Sorry. I had my own SP3 issues some time ago. But I was not using Norton. Other problems.

The major issues about XP SP3 were documented some time ago. Understandably, the average user does not feel inclined to read over disconnected documents  made over two years  ago. The general rule is to install XP and SP3 first, then install all application programs, including AV programs.

The Norton people should be on top of this, as Microsoft placed part of the blame on Norton.

Did you already see this information, or similar?
    Norton software conflicts with Windows XP SP3

EDIT: That link is not much help. You may want to search the Norton Forums, if you haven't already.
    http://community.norton.com/norton/?category.id=nis
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:17:31 PM by Geek-9pm »