Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: reformat my sconde harddrive  (Read 3820 times)

edlove

reformat my sconde harddrive
« on: August 29, 2005, 08:49:24 AM »
i have winxp with a 30gb and all so have a 40gb but the 40gb have nothing but music and pic's . i just want 2 wipe it out clean nothing on there and (don't )want to use it for the first harddrive , 40gb will just be my other things i like to but there , i dont know if it's reading when i turn on my pc but lets just say that i want it 2 read my 30gb harddrive nothing eles . any help be greatfull ty have a wounderful day

Raptor

Re: reformat my sconde harddrive
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 10:38:51 AM »
What is it exactly that you want to do? Can you be more specific?

Mac

Re: reformat my second harddrive
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 11:26:10 AM »
Right-click the second drive icon and choose - format.

edlove

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 05:01:46 PM »
i really want nothing on the seconde hard drive so i have a clean drive and put other thing's but not windows xp programs that i download from websights and from my kodak camra and music cd's i have . when i boot up i just want 2 read the first harddrive not the seconde h/drive. ty

merlin_2

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 02:30:00 AM »
Why not do as Mac tells you?

edlove

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 05:25:42 AM »
but how will i know its not reading my second harddrive when i boot up my windows xp ?

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 08:15:11 AM »
It will still be detected by Windows if you reformat it. You can also write files to it after reformatting.

edlove

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 02:24:21 PM »
i do what (mac) say's ..... but its tellin me this >>> (windows cannot format this drive . quit any disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive , and make sure that no windows is displaying the contents of the drive . then try formatting again.) i do have spy sweeper but i turn it off and try again and still get the same thing as on top as u read ...    

[glb]ty u have a wounderfull day[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 02:43:59 PM »
Do it from safe mode.