Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with two firefox windows opening at startup.  (Read 2787 times)

Akod

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    Problem with two firefox windows opening at startup.
    « on: July 26, 2011, 10:25:51 AM »
    Hi everyone,
    I just recovered my machine through the recovery partition on the hdd. Just after installing firefox 4 beta version, two windows of that opens any time i start my machine. I have checked through my startup items but nothing of that sort have been registered as a startup item. I don't know whether if it has got something to do with a configuration from the browser it self. Any help to make this not startup again?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Problem with two firefox windows opening at startup.
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:32:46 AM »
    FireFox should not be in the startup group...unless you have it there...also with new version updates a firefox page loads by default...until you close it out.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Roguebantha

Beginner
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:58:04 PM »
    Unless you have anything important in Firefox, i would suggest uninstalling firefox then reinstalling. This should definetely get rid of the problem though in a sort of roundabout way. You might even be able to save settings like bookmarks and so on when uninstalling. Not sure about this though.

Akod

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:06:55 AM »
      @patio, i have checked in the startup folder located in the start menu and also have used Tuneup startup manager also to check but nothing of that sort is there. I think i agree with Roguebantha, i would uninstall and install it back but my worry is my bookmarks. Guys thank u!

Mulreay

Egghead
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Space and Science
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »
      You can always backup your bookmarks

Find your profile in c:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

You should find a folder in there with your bookmarks. Back them up to say your desktop, then uninstall firefox. Then re-install Firefox and when installed check the same folder... there will be a new folder 'bookmarks' with nothing in it.. delete that and copy in the folder you saved before. Make sure there is only one folder called 'bookmarks' with all your bookmarks in.
      For when the One Great Scorer comes
      To write against your name,
      He marks - not that you won or lost,
      But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 05:50:20 PM »
      BTW ...Mozback works real good for this...Free...and it works for Thunderbird as well...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "