Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver does not recongize PC Card  (Read 3321 times)

Trevor_whitten

Driver does not recongize PC Card
« on: August 29, 2005, 04:42:22 PM »
Please help,
my driver does not make the sound from the driver that my PC card is in. My cingular manager does not recognize the device. Everthing else is recognized except Sony Ericson GC83

Raptor

Re: Driver does not recongize PC Card
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 04:45:54 PM »
Sony Ericson GC83

Is this a mobile phone? What exactly are you trying to do?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 04:46:24 PM by Raptor »

Trevor_whitten

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 06:06:31 PM »
My PC Card for my laptop, which puts me on line without dsl or phone line.  Cingular told me this program that accesses you on the net via PC card will not except it when it is inserted into the laptop.  Cingular said that I must resolve the driver issue, which makes that ding sound when the card is placed in the side slot.  Right now it doesn't make that sound and they said without that sound, windows will not except that PC card(Sony Ericson GC83).  I need to know how to make the driver except that card.  It used to make that sound, but somehow it doesn't do it anymore.  Thanks for your quick response.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 06:17:03 PM »
load the software for the card ,then reboot laptop then plug the card in.

Trevor_whitten

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 09:10:14 PM »
I did that Merlin, but it is not on the Driver anywhere! But the program(Connection Manager) is downloaded to my computer. I don't understand, why my driver will not recognize my card.
(Using a Toshiba Satellite Model A75) Less than a year old.  Toshiba said it wasn't the computer but the software, cingular said it was the computer then the card, card was sent to be repaired, but did not fix the problem where window driver will not except the card as being inserted.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 02:27:14 AM »
You need to obtain the correct drivers from the manufacturer. Once this is done, the device manager should let you know that all is correct.

After that, you need to configure the TCP/IP settings according to what your network requires.

Trevor_whitten

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 09:20:07 AM »
Thanks Raptor,
I will try that.

Trevor