Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics/ sound issue  (Read 2099 times)

soleffect

Graphics/ sound issue
« on: July 29, 2011, 06:35:32 PM »
Basic computer specs:
1) Windows 7 64-bit
2) 6-GB DDR2 RAM
3) ASUS P5N-D APCI motherboard
4) Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.833 Ghz Q9550
5) NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 Ti

I recently upgraded to a new video card do to deal with some issues with the previous one. Since upgrading I have noticed a popping sound in my audio whenever running multiple graphics related programs (ie having a youtube video playing music while playing Starcraft 2). I have noticed that I can make the popping sound consistently if I mouse over any links and scroll pages up and down on top of opening up separate programs. I feel I should be honest and say that I have used "Drivermax" to update my drivers as it is difficult for me to find drivers for my system online. Drivermax installed these realtek high def audio drivers and it has error status in system info.

Also, I use a logitech wireless headset for all sound purposes. However, if I plug headphones into the computer I no longer hear any popping with whatever I do.

Solutions: These are the steps I'm considering taking so solve this issue. I wanted to see if anyone else had any other suggestions before I take them:

1) Reinstall windows, I hate having to deal with itunes after this, but I see this as the only way to remove any driver errors that are conflicting with each other.
2) Check my RAM for errors. I already had one stick giving me errors so I wouldn't be surprised if others had broken.
3) buying a new headset since these ones are pretty old anyway.

P.S. Does anyone know why I have 20 PCI standard RAM Controllers listed under system devices in device manager.

Thanks for the help