Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba sattelite pro L450D-12x in need of charging?  (Read 3253 times)

omot

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Toshiba sattelite pro L450D-12x in need of charging?
    « on: July 29, 2011, 07:23:20 PM »
     My son yanked my charger out of my laptop causing the charging hole to crack and crumble. now the charger does not fit it and will not charge my laptop. i tried buying a dynadocks but i find that they can not charge laptops and this models does not have a docking port. how can i charge my laptop? any help will be appreciated. i cannot afford to loose all my work.  :'( :(

truenorth

Guru

Re: Toshiba sattelite pro L450D-12x in need of charging?
      « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
      The work you are worried about is still there. If you cannot use the charging plug port due to the damage you will need to have that port repaired. However if the need to access the data on the HDD is an immediate nesecity that cannot await the repair you have a variety of options.
      1.Obtain a sufficiently charged battery to allow you to access the computer.
      2. If you or someone you know is able remove the hardrive from the laptop and slave it to another computer  to either transfer the data you need to either the temporary computer or another medium.
      3.If you know someone that has the same computer (or that uses the same battery)--have them charge your battery for you.
      4.Depending on the degree of port destruction you might be able (if the internal connection components are still there) temporarily tape the input of the charger to the computer case long enough to access your data. Ultimately you are going to have to have it repaired --this could involve the case as well depending on the amount of damage. truenorth

omot

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        Re: Toshiba sattelite pro L450D-12x in need of charging?
        « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:24:19 AM »
        Thanks for your help i will take it to the shop and see wot they can salvage for me. i think i will just try and transfer all details as you suggested first and see wot happen. my brother uses thesame laptop type so that shouldn't be much hard to do.
        Thanks again