Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Brand new computer BSOD's  (Read 8845 times)

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Brand new computer BSOD's
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »
Just want to verify that nothing else is wrong, so put the 1 good stick in slot 1.  You should be able to live with 4GB for a while.  16GB seems like a lot.

DanF

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »
    Just want to verify that nothing else is wrong, so put the 1 good stick in slot 1.  You should be able to live with 4GB for a while.

True, I was just unsure since I have tried running with 1 stick of ram before and issues would still arise...however it might not of been the good stick...I was just thinking to try running memtest overnight on 2 sticks then trying to use them and see if I got any BSOD's tomorrow?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 08:12:17 PM »
    That's a plan, too.  You just don't want to be sending good RAM back & have Corsair reject your claim.  If you send them the memtest results, there should be no issues.

DanF

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »
      That's a plan, too.  You just don't want to be sending good RAM back & have Corsair reject your claim.  If you send them the memtest results, there should be no issues.

How does one print out memtest results from DOS, i feel dumb for asking...

immental1200

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 02:25:47 PM »