Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Livemail  (Read 2532 times)

newmananddora

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Livemail
    « on: August 04, 2011, 09:47:51 AM »
    I have W7 and Livemail. Suddenly, though I can receive email I cannot send it. I have tried Restore point and I have deleted Livemail and restored it but it still won't send. Any ideas gratefully received

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Livemail
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
    Live Mail as in the online version or accessed via an email client?
    I assume you are accessing it via an email client-if so have not configured the SMTP settings properly or your ISP might be blocking port 25.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

TheShadow

Hopeful

• Retiree in Florida
      • Yes
      • The Doctor
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »
    There is one thing that nobody ever thinks about, with either Outlook Express 6, Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail.

That is, that every email folder has to load into RAM memory in order to open.  If a folder gets too large to fit into ram, like the Sent Items folder, a failure to function will occur.
    I had one customer who could receive mail but not send mail.  I had set up her email client myself so I knew it was done right and worked perfect when it was set up.
    But one day she could not send mail.  Her ISP tech support was no help at all, so she called me.
    To make the story shorter, I found that her "Sent Items" folder had never been cleaned out in several years.  It was so large that it could not be loaded into her available RAM.
    I emptied that folder and everything was working again.
    Now she knows, to empty her sent items folder as well as her Deleted Items folder on a regular schedule.

Also, sometimes an ISP will change things like email ports, without notifying their customers.

First, check with the email provider to make sure all port settings, etc., are set properly.

Good Luck,
     8)
    Experience is truly the best teacher.
    Backup! Backup! Backup!  Ghost Rocks!

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 12:37:42 PM »
    That is, that every email folder has to load into RAM memory in order to open. If a folder gets too large to fit into ram, like the Sent Items folder, a failure to function will occur.

Did you just make that up, or do you really believe it?