Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Service Control Manager Error 7026  (Read 4656 times)

pcneedsexpert

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Service Control Manager Error 7026
    « on: August 08, 2011, 09:57:13 AM »
    Hello, everyone. 

Well, I am in real strife.  I am asking for help as a last resort because I just can't solve my problem alone.

My problem started a couple of days ago, and I cannot use my computer at all in normal start-up mode.

The error that is reported in the event viewer is in the title of this thread.  The description accompanying the error message follows:

The following boot start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    AmdK8
    AvgLdx86
    AvgMfx86
    Fips

In addition I am getting a blue screen STOP error 0x000000EA when I reboot normally.  It reports that the problem file is nv4_disp.

I should add that I had this exact same problem a year or two ago.  The solution at that time was as simple as changing some setting (or perhaps a single registry value - I can't remember).  I found that solution on the Internet somewhere, and I have spent around 12 hours trying to find wherever I found it last time.  My point in saying this is that, on that occasion, there was nothing wrong with my video card/display adapter (NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT) as many of the threads on the Internet regarding this problem suggest.

Can anyone please help?

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Service Control Manager Error 7026
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 10:50:29 AM »
    nv4_disp.dll is the nVidia driver. AmdK8, AvgLdx86, AvgMfx86, and Fips are all crucial elements of your processor. Reinstall the display driver first, to solve the BSOD problem.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 12:12:59 PM »
    Actually he may want to re-install the MBoard chipset drivers 1st...then re-boot and re-install the nVidia drivers as they are sometimes reliant in the chipset being functioning properly...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

pcneedsexpert

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:42:44 AM »
      Chipset drivers?  Even if I knew what you were talking about, the thing is that last time this happened, it turned out it had nothing to do with the driver.  Last time I didn't do anything to the driver, so assuming the cause is the same, there is nothing wrong with my card/driver.

pcneedsexpert

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:24 AM »
        Well, this is embarrassing.  It would have been much easier to slip away unnoticed with my tail between my legs, but I figured you deserve to laugh at me after trying to help.

I recently moved house.  During the move my computer must have received a bit of vibration somewhere along the line and eased the contacts between the card and the slot a little.   In the end all I had to do was put a bit of pressure on the card to reseat it (no discernible movement, mind you).

Problem solved!

Thanks for your help.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 07:07:50 AM »
        No need to feel embarrassed...good to hear you solved it.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »
        No need to feel embarrassed...good to hear you solved it.

I agree... all praise to pcneedsexpert for sharing that information.