Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard has gone haywire  (Read 3229 times)

miagia21

Keyboard has gone haywire
« on: August 30, 2005, 03:02:58 PM »
Ok, the U key does not work. However, if I type numerous keys; such as j,k,7, and a few others it will complete the key stroke and then repeat the U keystroke over and over. such as this
(abcdjuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu) If I use the back space it terminates the process, however if a program is not running such as note pad or word and I use one of the corrupt keystrokes and then try to access the startup menu it shuts down. the computer is a Toshiba
labtop with a pentium II.....help. please.

Raptor

Re: Keyboard has gone haywire
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 03:10:04 PM »
You have posted before. I have seen this mistake before;There is no such thing as a labtop, it's laptop.

Are you trying to fool us? Is that you Flame?

miagia21

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 08:11:01 AM »
 >:(   No. I am not flame. I am somebody who needs help. labtop was a type-o. sorry. Now, for the question on hand...does anybody have any advice....? somebody?

Michael

Adviser
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 10:34:19 AM »
    Is your laptop still under warranty? Hopefully it is then you can send it for repair. If it's not, then you gotta pay for that.

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
      « Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 12:24:03 PM »
      >:(   No. I am not flame. I am somebody who needs help. labtop was a type-o. sorry. Now, for the question on hand...does anybody have any advice....? somebody?

Hold the Ctrl and Shift down to gether see if that will fix it. By the way they are note call laptops any more Notebook is now the current term
      Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
        « Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 12:24:46 PM »
        You have posted before. I have seen this mistake before;There is no such thing as a labtop, it's laptop.

Are you trying to fool us? Is that you Flame?

It's not a laptop any more they are Notebook
        « Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 12:25:04 PM by ojas25 »

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 02:50:05 PM »
        It's still a device which can be put on top of your lap. They named it notebooks because some low lifes would burn their laps when using them for an extended period of time. Don't get smart with me.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 02:53:04 PM »
        Do you have virus/Spyware protection? Sounds like a bug to me... Which operating system? Is this your internal keyboard, or an external? Have you tried an external keyboard to see what the problem here is?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
          « Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 03:33:44 PM »
          It's still a device which can be put on top of your lap. They named it notebooks because some low lifes would burn their laps when using them for an extended period of time. Don't get smart with me.

To use the notebook on your lap there is  a chance that you will cover the fan intake and ofcourse the computer will shut down this has happened three times with people who own notebooks. I never suggest you use a notebook on your lap for this reason.
          « Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 03:34:12 PM by ojas25 »