Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Programs on my computer has all off sudden stopped working  (Read 2754 times)

fille1116

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Programs on my computer has all off sudden stopped working
    « on: August 09, 2011, 05:47:00 AM »
    I was on my computer today and edited the username on my account on the computer, i also disabled read only on my account to make a program work, but it didn't, so i enabled read-only on the account once more.

But then some of my open programs, like skype, started to run very slow, i tried to restart skype, but when i tried to re-log it said I/O error on disk, i tried to restart my computer, but then other programs stopped working too, my spotify crashed right when i tried to start it, and everytime i  closed google chrome and started it again it said "Google chrome wasn't shut down correctly", and was offering me to restore my latest session. i even tried to system rollback my computer 2 days, but my programs still doesn't wanna work, now i'm out of ideas.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Computer speces: Processor: Intel Pentium E5700 dual core 3 Ghz

Memory: 4 GB DDR3 RAM

Disk: 1 TGB

Video-card: nVidia GeForce GT320

Mulreay

Egghead
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Space and Science
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Programs on my computer has all off sudden stopped working
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 08:15:05 AM »
    Does running the files as 'Administrator' change anything. Right click the program icon and choose 'run as administrator'.
    For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost,
    But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

fille1116

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Programs on my computer has all off sudden stopped working
      « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:42:50 AM »
      PROBLEM SOLVED@ reinstalled all programs after the system rollback, thanks anyway!