Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC reboots after Windows Logo... never gets to Log-In  (Read 4745 times)

MegamanXZOBMV

Topic Starter

Rookie

PC reboots after Windows Logo... never gets to Log-In
    « on: August 10, 2011, 07:00:35 PM »
    ...Unless Automatic Restart is disabled.

I find it odd. The problem originated this morning, when I tried to turn my Sony Vaio on. It would boot up as normal (Normal for us at least. The HDD is failing so we get a little message everytime it boots up), but before hitting the (Windows XP) Log-In screen, would flash a BSOD type deal exceedingly quickly before rebooting itself. It would just loop like that.

So I checked some sites on google, as well as Microsoft's own support section, and was basically informed that I should disable automatic restart so I could view what that blue screen was trying to tell me, therefore I would know what was wrong. But when I disabled it, the computer didn't restart itself, but took very long to get to the login screen. I'm logged on it now, but it's really, really, slow..

And the problem is, because it boots up this way, I can't see the blue screen to tell me what the issue is.

So I was wondering what issues might cause a computer to crash and restart before the log-in screen, or if anyone just happens to outright know what the problem is.

Any additional information required can be given if asked for. I'm still trying to find all the info for my computer. It's just so slow. =\

Thanks in advance.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: PC reboots after Windows Logo... never gets to Log-In
    « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »
    The HDD is failing...backup anything important and shop for a replacement...
    To confirm this if you like DLoad the Free diagnostics from the HDD manuf. site...
    Run the long test.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Jazzgirl

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 07:56:34 PM »
      You have already said your hard drive is failing. As suggested, back up everything and buy a new one. The symptoms you are having are very common with failing hard drives.

MegamanXZOBMV

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:00:03 PM »
        Guess there's no avoiding it then, a new hard drive or a new computer.

I tried holding off on the idea that it was the HDD. It's been ''failing'' for over half a year now and I hadn't experienced nothing but a slightly slower speed in the computer, but I guess it's time is finally up.

Thanks a lot. =)

baza

Rookie
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 04:34:52 AM »
          Have you got you Win XP disk.? if so check this out.!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310396