Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wiping out drive/reinstalling Win ME  (Read 2052 times)

dianec1967

Wiping out drive/reinstalling Win ME
« on: August 30, 2005, 06:19:28 PM »
I've read the section about it, but still have ?s.  I have the OS "reinstallation" (is that the same as a recovery disk?), drivers & utilities and the back-up for factory installed programs cds. Other than getting a start-up disk for my ISP, is there anything else I'll need? Can I use my old Norton cd, or would it take too long to get every new definition from that time on? Better to go to the Symantec site & download new NAV (if possible)? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :-*

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Wiping out drive/reinstalling Win ME
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 07:03:18 PM »
Here's what I will do for you... This is a link from Gateway computers, but it will work on your system just as well, as these are standard commands... http://support.gateway.com/s/SOFTWARE/MICROSOF/7509594/Installs/750959408.shtml ... Now, Once you do all this, I want you to STOP following these directions at step 32. Do not read any further than step 32. Steps after that are extra, and you can NOT use them... Good luck!

[glb]Flame[/glb]