Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error by installing my grapic driver Intel® G43/G45  (Read 4574 times)

darkstar1

Error by installing my grapic driver Intel® G43/G45
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »
Dear CH,

I just got my computer, downloaded Steam and got the error message that my driver isn't supported.
So i looked at the internet for the driver of my Intel® G43/G45.
I got error messages that is saying:

" The file that is getting installed isn't validated for this computer. Ask the producent of the computer to get the right operating system. The installation is shut down".

I downloaded drivers, intel, hp, all the same errors.

I got windows 7 Proffesional. 32 Bit.
My computer is a HP Pro 3010 Microtower PC.

When i look for an update of drivers i get a schedual:

Product Detected    Intel® G43/G45

Current Driver Installed    8.15.10.1872

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

I found additional CD's called operating system DVD: W7 Proffesional.

CD:

- Supplemental Software (office 2007 trail)
- HP restore plus! disk 1 of 3
- Operating System DVD (w7 proff) Disk 2 of 3
- Language pack DVD for W7 Disk 3 of 3
- Operating System CD Microsoft W XP proffesional service pack 3

I hope you can solve my problem. If you need more info, please reply on my topic.

Emile Massau

truenorth

Guru

Re: Error by installing my grapic driver Intel® G43/G45
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:51:53 AM »
    Just to be certain. Is this the site from which you sought the drivers? How old is this computer? It is this statement that concerns me re your attempt to create functionality with "Steam" and your computer "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer."
    Have you tried the suggestion contained in that warning?truenorth

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Error by installing my grapic driver Intel® G43/G45
    « Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 02:54:24 AM »
    You can get the latest driver for that here:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=nl&prodNameId=4047666&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=4047665&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4053#11360

But to be honest, that's designed as a "business" computer, and Intel chipsets are just not made for gaming. Even if you do get it working, the results will likely be less than satisfactory (if you can get any Steam powered game to run at all, a lot don't support Intel 43/45 chipsets).