Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Horizontal Static Lines  (Read 2575 times)

Artemis

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Experience: Beginner
    Horizontal Static Lines
    « on: August 14, 2011, 04:24:21 PM »
    I've got horizontal static lines on my screen periodically which are at the top and bottom of my screen and some finer lines that runthrough it. I've got a brsnd new computer. It's a Toshiba Satallite. It has Energy Star which regulates for screen brightness and will dim after ten minutes and then go black until you move the mouse. I've got as Trust wireless mouse I use with it. Can someone please help and tell me what to do to get rid of them. The computer is brand new so it shouldn't have this issue.
    Warm Regards,
    Diane

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Horizontal Static Lines
    « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »
    Hi and welcome to Computer Hope!

Yes, you are correct. You shouldn't have that issue.

It has Energy Star which regulates for screen brightness and will dim after ten minutes and then go black until you move the mouse
    I believe this is the energy saving mode of your computer so nothing to worry.

I've got horizontal static lines on my screen periodically which are at the top and bottom of my screen and some finer lines that runthrough it.
    This is the issue. You mentioned that your computer is brand new. Have you contacted your nearest service center or the shop? You may take advantage of of its warranty.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Horizontal Static Lines
    « Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »
    This definately sounds like a defective screen. Rather than a defective gpu which would be screen wide. I would save any personal data to a usb drive and get a replacement if it is brand new.