Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP compaq nx9005... Help!  (Read 3519 times)

Base2

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    HP compaq nx9005... Help!
    « on: August 16, 2011, 08:16:03 AM »
    My friend has dropped their HP compaq nx9005.  Now I know it works as I've plugged it in to my monitor and it boots up fine and dandy.  However, when I boot it up on it's own with no monitor plugged in the Laptop screen it not working.

I was thinking that this, possibly, has either dislodged something on the on-board graphics chipset or the drop may have jolted loose the inverter somehow.

Would a laptop screen still work without the inverter?? I mean would it still come but just not be brighter?

any suggestions peeps... ????

Cheers.. B2

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: HP compaq nx9005... Help!
    « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »
    If the inverter was damaged, yes you will see 'ghosts' of what is on the screen, with most lcd screens you can use a flashlight to highlight portions of it to see what is there :)

Otherwise it is likely to be a damaged or dislodged screen cable. My V2000 would only operate the laptop screen if I almost had the laptop closed until I replaced the cable with a spare from the computer workshop at work.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:43:38 PM »
    Found somebody on eBay that will sell two of these for $80. B oath non working.

Base2

Topic Starter

Beginner
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:40:09 AM »
      If the inverter was damaged, yes you will see 'ghosts' of what is on the screen, with most lcd screens you can use a flashlight to highlight portions of it to see what is there :)

Otherwise it is likely to be a damaged or dislodged screen cable. My V2000 would only operate the laptop screen if I almost had the laptop closed until I replaced the cable with a spare from the computer workshop at work.

I'll have a go at your suggestions... Thanks for that!  :)