Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: loading photos  (Read 2485 times)

peter11111

loading photos
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »
If anyone has the time and patience I need some help.   I am a complete idiot on a computer and should be ranked as a complete novice, jargon just goes over my head.   How do I load photos to my computer and then move them to ebay.   The camera is a Canon powershot A560 and I have what I am assured is the correct cable.   I am using an Acer laptop equipped with windows vista.   Thanks in anticipation.   Peter.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: loading photos
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »
Nothing to be embarrassed about... we were all beginners at some point. :)

You can use the Vista Scanner and Camera wizard:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Working-with-the-Scanner-and-Camera-Installation-Wizard
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: loading photos
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 01:40:04 PM »
...  and then move them to ebay. 
When you list an item on eBay, you'll see a screen with a button for uploading photos.  Click the button and navigate to the photo on your hard drive, select it by clicking on it, and then upload it. See my screen capture below:

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]