Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 98 display mode  (Read 7237 times)

Sumit Sarma

Windows 98 display mode
« on: August 17, 2011, 03:07:46 AM »
I have a problem that my monitor displays nothing except "Out Of Range". Where the problem started is:
 I started my computer with Windows 98 and was checking the various display modes of various resolutions. Suddenly when I selected a certain display mode the monitor was not displaying anything except "Out Of Range...". I tried again by changing the monitor but still I was facing the same problem. help me to resolve the problem.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Windows 98 display mode
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 04:52:20 AM »
Out of Range? I think that means you have selected an over large resolution. What resolution did you try to apply and what monitor did you use?

Try booting into safe mode, then applying the lowest display resolution your monitor can support:

http://ask-leo.com/why_does_my_screen_go_black_after_the_windows_screen_when_i_boot.html
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none