Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: katrina  (Read 4051 times)

merlin_2

katrina
« on: August 31, 2005, 06:33:03 PM »
From the uk people to all the folks in the usa ,who suffered the wrath of mother nature.sorry does not cut it...........get shelter/food/water.<i even doubt if you will get this message>>........maybe bvsh will get of his *censored* and do something..........for his people........forget the oil george people need help...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 06:34:31 PM by merlin_2 »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: katrina
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 07:40:25 PM »
His eyes are half open. So far all he's done is sent the Pentagon ships over to New Orleans to help rescue people. Some governers for Texas and some other state are sending all the people who stayed at the dome to texas... 500 busses Merlin... You know how big that is lol   :o

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 07:43:41 PM »
send the troops back from iraq.........and sort the south out........to prove that is worth the white house seat. I have may own options of gwbvsh.........following in the fathers footsteps for one?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 08:07:33 PM »
I agree. The true war is over. He needs to stop trying to fix the other country's problems. Tired of him... That's where the tax money goes you know... To war... Waste of time, money, and lives. As the bumber stickers say... "Four MORON years"  (the reelection)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 08:20:30 PM »
Can i asks a question why is it that most of the presidents of the usa like fighting<war>no many exceptions to the rule!...........time to sort their own house first.......before going elsewhere..We have pm.......that <except for mr bliar> have got involved in war......but the people of south need loads of help........wake up...congress........you need someone  like jfk that cares mate.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 08:24:13 PM »
I agree. It's a problem. However, if there's one thing that I have made since out of the country, it's that the people in the government are greedy. They take our taxes and send it to a worthless war. They are slow to help, etc. I'm tired of it. The more I hear about these things the more I like the idea of living in Japan lol  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
    « Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 08:27:56 AM »
    Can i asks a question why is it that most of the presidents of the usa like fighting<war>no many exceptions to the rule!...........time to sort their own house first.......before going elsewhere..We have pm.......that <except for mr bliar> have got involved in war......but the people of south need loads of help........wake up...congress........you need someone  like jfk that cares mate.

Pax Americana. As the United States loses it dominant position in the world marketplace to China, it must create conflicts. In so doing, the goal is to convince us it remains an  indispensable cog in the global machinery. Like the Roman Empire and every dominant civilization that has gone before, the USA is *censored* bent on retaining its grasp as the sole economic and military superpower on the planet. Empires have a history of going down in flames and in wars, and the USA, apparently, will be no exception.
    There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 09:34:27 AM »
      Yes Hopester, when compared to the Roman Empire, American dominance is just a small blip on the scale.

What beats me is, given the few days warning they got what were all those people still doing in the path of the storm?

Then yesterday 1000 Iraqis trample each other to death running away from a suicide bomber that wasn't even there?

Weirder & weirder?
      « Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 09:38:27 AM by Fed »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
      « Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 02:55:20 PM »
      Dumb and dumber lol

[glb]Flame[/glb]

merlin_2

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 06:32:07 PM »
      Bad planning killed people.............and still is.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
        « Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 06:46:01 PM »
        Nobody wanted this to happen, and everybody was caught by surprise. Hurricanes have come before and have never caused destruction of the magnitude we have seen in New Orleans. Mistakes have been made; let's learn from them, and not concern ourselves with the laying of blame.

merlin_2

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 03:02:50 PM »
        but, with all the hi-tec stuff........watching cnn....sunday.it was on the cards for new orleans ,the south to get.it..and the levys........clinton,had somekind of report done.back in 1997......but it got lost somewhere.....his quote.....its down to the rich versus the poor....and the only reason for the help in the south is media support.........worldwide.............. ...they could sent help to get the people out.........before the storm.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
        « Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 04:53:13 PM »
        Well, it was a mistake true, but you have to realize that many poeple did not WANT to leave...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
          « Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 07:56:17 PM »
          That's true, Merlin. I doubt I could speak so dispassionately about it if I was the one of the ones whose life had been destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

Like Flame says, though, a lot of people didn't want to leave, or did not have the means to. I've been wondering to myself if I would have left knowing my home might not be there when I get back.

Raptor

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 04:50:50 AM »
          I've been wondering to myself if I would have left knowing my home might not be there when I get back.

It is a simple material posession.