Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error "has stopped working" after installing DSA Theory Test  (Read 3244 times)

Aimee88

I bought a program to study for a driving test, DSA Theory Test for Car Drivers (UK).  It took two tries to successfully install it, and even after that it won't open.  Every time I click on the shortcut or from the program list I get the "DSA Theory Test Application has stopped working." 

I have emailed all week with the support from DSA themselves.  They finally said that I should try a DVD instead, that it's not the CD itself, but a problem with Windows.  That or ask somewhere like here.  I bought the CD as a three-pack from Amazon, so I really would rather get this to work than return them all and buy more, or buy a replacement for this on top of the package.  The other two disks are DVDs and they work fine.  I've searched around online in general, in other forums, and now here and haven't found anything I understand that seems helpful.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit,  Version 6.0 (Build 6002:  Service Pack 2) on a HP Pavilion.

I have Adobe Flash Player 10 Active X.  And I use AVG firewall.  I did make sure the program was on the approved list for the firewall, and tried closing my internet connection and still the same problem.

(These were things their support team asked about.)

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Thank you!

Aimee