Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Scanjet 2200c will not install on XP  (Read 4293 times)

sc00b3rt

HP Scanjet 2200c will not install on XP
« on: August 31, 2005, 06:48:03 PM »
I am about ready to throw in the towel on this computer.   Essentially my computer hates my scanner.  I install the software, then install the scanner as the instructions tell me and then the computer gives me this message:    Cannot install this Hardware. An error occurred during the installation of the device.  The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device.

When I go to device manager it has the lovely scanner listed with, of course, a big exclamation point.  When I click on that and go to properties it says the driver is not installed.

My computer is a pent 4 (1.7) running xp home edition with service pack 2.

I have scanned the computer for any viruses, spyware, malware, etc. using three different resources and it scans clean.  I have an HP Laserjet on the computer and it works fine, other than that nothing else except a mouse, keyboard, and monitor are attached to it.  I have very little software running on the machine.

Please help I am at my wits end!!!

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
    Re: HP Scanjet 2200c will not install on XP
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 07:04:54 PM »
    I am about ready to throw in the towel on this computer.   Essentially my computer hates my scanner.  I install the software, then install the scanner as the instructions tell me and then the computer gives me this message:    Cannot install this Hardware. An error occurred during the installation of the device.  The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device.

When I go to device manager it has the lovely scanner listed with, of course, a big exclamation point.  When I click on that and go to properties it says the driver is not installed.

My computer is a pent 4 (1.7) running xp home edition with service pack 2.

I have scanned the computer for any viruses, spyware, malware, etc. using three different resources and it scans clean.  I have an HP Laserjet on the computer and it works fine, other than that nothing else except a mouse, keyboard, and monitor are attached to it.  I have very little software running on the machine.

Please help I am at my wits end!!!

Simple just to HP and down load a driver for your scanner but make sure you get the driver for Windows XP
    Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers

sc00b3rt

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 07:10:16 PM »
    In the first lines I stated that the scanjet is not working it gives me an error(which is in the post).

For reference and further information I stated that the Laserjet is working fine as well as all other hardware devices installed on the computer, i.e. mouse, keyboard and monitor.

Scanner will not install
    Printer installed fine as well as other hardware devices.

Any suggestions?

sc00b3rt

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 07:11:53 PM »
    "Simple just to HP and down load a driver for your scanner but make sure you get the driver for Windows XP "

Already did that, and it gives me the same error message.