Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: notification sounds  (Read 4495 times)

ashfield

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Experienced
    notification sounds
    « on: August 27, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »
    Can anybody tell me if they have had the same problem that I have had regarding the start and end notifications in I.E or FF browsers or in the My Documents Folder, I like to hear the confirmation sound when navigating to and fro between folders and when clicking on a link for instance, this has happened to me before but over a year ago the sound then just returned severall months later, the same has happened again the other day!!    Any ideas anybody?

Ashfield.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: notification sounds
    « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:29:51 PM »
    Did you try going to your Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices-Sounds tab-then choose from Program Events for Systems Sound? There is also a Windows service startup that might be disabled that you need to check.
    1.Click Start and the Run, Enter
    2.Type services.msc - Enter.
    3. Look for Windows Audio(check if its startup type is in Automatic).
    4.If not, double-click Windows Audio and choose Automatic Startup type.
    5. Make sure to hit Apply-Ok.

ashfield

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 03:18:02 AM »
      Hi Jason2074, checked your advise and auto is enabled, all other sounds work fine its just the back/forward sounds that have stoped once again!

ashfield

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 05:05:17 AM »
      Did you try going to your Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices-Sounds tab-then choose from Program Events for Systems Sound?
      They are all here. Scroll down and highlight from your choice and choose from list of Sounds and try playback to test.
      back/forward sounds that have stoped once again!
      I actually lost clicking or system sounds currently too. Might check this on the next startup of PC also. But still they are enabled under Sounds tab.
      http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-start-navigation-clicking-sound-in-ie/

ashfield

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 11:45:54 AM »
        Hi again Jason 2074 and thanks for the tip, I have found the problem and it was indeed in the sounds/programme events/windows explorer/information bar. So how this got disabled I just do not know, could have been one of the windows updates perhaps as they so often do change settings and you do not discover them until later - what a pain!!

I am going to make a note of this for next time.

Thanks again.
        ashfield.