Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: better hardware but not as good  (Read 2369 times)

Houston810

better hardware but not as good
« on: August 31, 2005, 09:57:46 PM »
I got a new computer a couple months ago because my old one had old specs 1.7cpu,256ram,gforce2, stuff like that you know + it was just old.

So I gota new one 3.4cpu, 512ram, rad700pro, and it works fine and all but sometimes after its been on for a couple hours it just seems alot slower than my old one, and sometimes it will lock up for like 20secs and then do one of those super speed catch up things, and im not running anything different.

So I was wondering what could be causeing the computer to run slow, it is alot smaller than my other one, alot more compact. If you really wana look at the specs its an alienware bot they have it on their webpage.

any help would be awesome, thanks guys

PS: my computer came with a modem can I take that out cause? I use cable, like will it help anything, like it won't take away from the power supply or something like that, cause the fan on my video card is like amost touching it and I don'think thats helping to keep it cool at ahh, I don't need it so can I just take it out?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 10:15:43 PM by Houston810 »

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: better hardware but not as good
    « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 12:05:49 AM »

2k dummy

Re: better hardware but not as good
    « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 02:12:00 AM »
    my computer came with a modem can I take that out

Yes.

Some CPU's are designed to automatically reduce speed if overheating occurs. Anything you do that can increase air flow and reduce heat will be helpful.