Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desktop background taskbar!?  (Read 2617 times)

biz

Desktop background taskbar!?
« on: September 01, 2005, 07:26:56 AM »
I am currently using windows XP and recently where my desktop would usually just have my folders etc a kind of taskbar is now there on the left of the screen. The taskbar shows folder tasks, other places and details. This does not seem to be able to be moved. This taskbar is very similar to the one seen when you open my documents (for example), to the left of the screen. I have had this problem for sometime and although it does not affect computer performance it is rather annoying. Was wondering if anyone could help with this problem?
Cheers in adavance,
Adam

Raptor

Re: Desktop background taskbar!?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 07:52:49 AM »
Right click on this taskbar and select close taskbar.

has this happened after installing certain software?

biz

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 07:56:40 AM »
ive tried that and it doesnt work, it cannot be moved or got rid of in that way. I havent installed anything recently, it appears to have just randomally appeared and wont go. its the exact info/task bar that is on the left when opening folders like my documents or my pictures. cheers 4 the reply..

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 07:05:29 PM »
Biz:

Try pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del once.  

When Windows Task Manager appears, select the Applications tab.  Look for any tasks running, select each one and click End Task.

Regards,
Doc

biz

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 04:36:12 AM »
Ive been looking around and now believe that it is known as a common tasks pane.  still dont know how to get rid of it off of the desktop though.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 07:11:40 AM »
Can you show us a screenshot?