Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Looking to buy custom gaming computer.  (Read 2446 times)

nikosgman

Looking to buy custom gaming computer.
« on: September 02, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
Hi, I am thinking about buying a custom made gaming computer for 400 dollars, the parts i know it has is- amd athlon x4 630 quad core processor, 4gb ddr2 -800mhz, ati radeon HD 5770 hawk edition, Asus m4a785-m motherboard, ultra LSP 550 watt psu, 320gb hdd, 200gb hdd, 2x 80mm fans with blue LEDs, 2x 120mm fans, and 2 more 80mm fans on the graphics card, and lg super-multi disk drive.

I am wondering with this hardware, if the computer is worth the price of $400. I can get more information if needed thank you for the help!

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Looking to buy custom gaming computer.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 07:44:21 AM »
Very worth the $400. The computer in my specs was built for a total of $297 (never topped $313.) (Including replacing the DVD Burner, Motherboard, and the GT 430 cost $70) Original cost was somewhere around $186. The cost of a stock Lenovo computer (forgot the model but saw it at the local computer store sometime ago) with the single-core AMD Sempron 2100+, the ATI Radeon HD 5450, 160 GB hard drive, AMD 760G chipset, is $500.

The fact that it has 2 hard drives and the Radeon HD 5770 makes me salivate. What case are you planning to get? I got myself a micro-atx case, when I had to upgrade to the GT 430 from the low-profile GeForce 210, this is what happened:
BEFORE (Note the Apple Logo and the Taped-on "OEM" logos):

Still works.
AFTER (Note the fact that I installed the motherboard backwards because the GT 430 wouldn't fit and the modded XBOX controller):

Sorry for bad picture quality. If you looked carefully I glued what was previously my case fan onto the back of the GT 430 and positioned it so my NB heatsink had air flow.

My monitor is also pretty cynical of my actions, too.

ComeMon 17''. That's an apt name for a 14 inch monitor and the ghetto workaround.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none