Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't uninstall or re-install the program  (Read 7561 times)

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Can't uninstall or re-install the program
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 03:09:48 AM »
I've already told you, sorry if I got mistaken on the last part it was a Director not Editor, but is it enough to mock or say those words? I'm not a computer expert, a program running was good enough for me and doesn't bother remembering the name because of the tons of project and thesis that I was making for months now

Sorry, meant no offense. I was just joking around.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 04:00:57 AM »
Yes, I've used it and deleted the file but I still can't re-install it to try if the program was gone  :'(

This does not make any sense. If its gone, why would you want to re-install to 'check' if its gone.

If you have un-installed something that was on trial, you WILL NOT be able to re-install it, so that you can carry on using it. The trial has ended, now you have to buy it.
11 cheers for binary !

immental1200

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 08:28:29 AM »
Yes, I've used it and deleted the file but I still can't re-install it to try if the program was gone  :'(

Run CCleaner - http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER
And RegSofts - http://www.regsofts.com/

Ensure when using CCleaner, that you untick any version of Office under the Applications tab ... or it will lose all your icons for Office.

Then try to reinstall the program.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »
Registry cleaners can do more harm than good, so lets skip RegSofts and stick to CCleaner.  I will endorse using the Registry cleaner in CCleaner as well as it's file Cleaner.  I say this because CCleaner has a solid reputation for being a safe registry cleaner and, in situations like this, a registry cleaner can be helpful because the cause of problems like this one are sometimes caused by registry issues.  If you run CCleaner's Registry cleaner, you can either let it fix all items found or you can selectively look for entries related to a Cyberlink program and remove only them.  I would let it remove all entries it finds but that's your call.  CCleaner will prompt you to backup your registry before executing the removal of registry entries and doing the backup is always a good idea.