Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why  (Read 2653 times)

elaikenn628

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Why
    « on: September 04, 2011, 01:15:30 AM »
    I have just setup a Netgear WG111v3 USB adapter on my desktop in the next room, which is not my main computer and it worked OK when first installed, when I start up now I have to find my network then enter the network key before I can use it. mber in. Can anyone tell me howI can stop all this.
    Ken

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Why
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 01:59:39 AM »
    Have you configured your password or pre-shared key on the USB Adapter?

You must enter the default key password on your wifi adapter matching the security setup from your home network.
    Look also for an option to checkmark > Connect automatically when this network is in range.

elaikenn628

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 02:50:27 AM »
      Thanks for your reply. yes I have done that and it  that has also started coming back, where abouts would I find the check mark  for connect automatically?
      I am going to uninstall it and the reinstall and see what happens and I willm come back.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 03:09:15 AM »
      Look also for an option to checkmark > Connect automatically when this network is in range.
      If there is an available option. This will usually detect your home network, correct preconfigured passwords and then connect.

Other additional info. -> http://oit.pdx.edu/use-windows-to-manage-wireless