Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multipal start ups followed by a flickering screen during bootup  (Read 2144 times)

garato78

So I press the power button and turn my pc on. the pc is on for all of 4 seconds when it shuts down and then turns back on. this happens three times followed by a startup success however when It goes to the "loading page" my screen goes black and I have to restart the pc. this all occurs about three to five times before I can actually successfully get on. on a side note Once its succesfull for the first time I can turn off the pc and tur it back on and It works like a charm. on some occasions the monitor will not even turn on. Id love it If someone could help me with this?

Windows vesta obviously. Dont know much more then that.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:37:46 PM by garato78 »

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
    • Programming Blog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Multipal start ups followed by a flickering screen during bootup
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:49:44 PM »
If it gets past the BIOS screens, use a working computer to get a linux live CD. Try booting the comp from that CD and see how it works.

If not, sounds like a Power Supply issue.
YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »
It goes to the "loading page" my screen goes black and I have to restart the pc
Laptop or Desktop? Post as much details to your computer such as model/brand. Do you see any activity(led lights) from the HD loading/reading while its on blackscreen? Any previous issues that might have cause this behavior or recent changes to hardware or software?

joydignacio

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:01:49 AM »
    One cause for random reboots is that the computers processor is getting too hot. To check this, enter the computers bios during boot (usually by pressing Delete, F1 or F10 when the computer just starts) and there will be an option about the computers temperature (often under “PC Health”).

This should show you the current temperature of the computer and the emergency shutdown temperature. The emergency shutdown temperature is a safeguard for when your computer gets too hot it will shut itself down to prevent damage.

You can either raise the shutdown temperature or switch it off completely, however be warned that you may damage your computer (or the clients) if the computer gets too hot. If the temperature was causing the reboots then you should consider getting better cooling for the computer such as more powerful CPU fans and more case fans.

http://www.techyv.com/questions/windows-wont-start-normally-keeps-restarting#comments

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
    Why are you plugging this Help site when that's what we do ? ?

That's 2 in a row now...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "